Landscaping projects in Cambridge
Driveway, lawn & flower beds
Emerald Landscapes had a recommendation call from one of our existing customers’ relatives, they were in need of some additional parking space on their front driveway.
The brief was simple, increase the block paving surface area and revamp the old drive to a more aesthetically pleasing look using new Tegula blocks. Re-turf a poor quality lawn in the front garden and install a couple of feature flower beds within the drive.
Our dedicated team at Emerald Landscapes started the project by excavating and breaking out the old lawn area and concrete pad to create a seamless level with the new driveway and lawn. All the waste was removed by a grab lorry and the new materials dropped off ready for the driveway makeover.
We created a large 70m2 driveway using multi-size Tegula block paving with an extended path leading to the back garden. Stylish charcoal Keykerb edgings were installed to create curved flower beds and separated the path to the entrance giving it this wow factor feature when planted up.
The old patchy lawn was stripped off and removed, upon inspection the sub-soil below was of poor quality and needed some attention to ensure the lawn would flourish this time around. We rotovated the entire area breaking up the hard compacted soil and brought in 50mm of new good quality topsoil graded and levelled over the area prior to laying the turf.
60m2 of new turf was laid and compacted with scaffold boards to give a bright and evergreen look to this area.
During the project build our customer mentioned his neighbour would sometimes cut over the corner of his flower bed when pulling down his driveway, our experienced foreman had the perfect solution for protecting his new bedding but not closing off or compromising the overall look. We installed a small 2ft post and rail fence to give that protection and division on the boundary line.
To finish off the Driveway was sealed with a hard wearing sealer in a Matt finish, this will create a weather resistant barrier for easier maintenance and longevity to the driveway keeping it looking brand new for longer.
Clearance & Preparation
- Remove old block paving
- Excavate 200mm driveway area and 100mm lawn are
- Remove waste from site
- Levels set out allowing drainage run off
- Install geotextile membrane to separate sub-grade and sub-base
- 150mm MOT Type 1 granite levelled and compacted in layers
- Channel drains installed according to the planning rules and regulations
- Flowerbeds set out and confirmed with customer prior installation
- Key kerbs installed and haunched
- 30mm – 40mm of sharp sand bedding layer compacted and screeded
- Multi-size blocks laid
- Block paved driveway pointed with kiln dried sand and compacted
- Driveway sealed using Matt finish hardwearing sealer
- Topsoil spread and levelled for flower beds and lawn
- High quality turf delivered and laid at driveway level
- Lawn area watered before leaving
Driveways, lawns & flower beds
Is your driveway in need of some remedial work? Do you need more parking space or simply want to refresh the overall look at the front of your property?
Emerald Landscapes offer a free consultation and quote on how we can transform your driveway, call us today for our experienced services.
Let's Build Your Dream Garden
Landscaping company in Cambridge that will make your vision a reality.
GET IN TOUCH